Senate Bill 666 Proprietary Private Security Officer Advisory Committee Members
After an extensive review of numerous applications, BSIS has selected 15 people to the committee that will help it develop the training curriculum for proprietary private security officers.
Members were selected from the ranks of security directors at sports or entertainment complexes, retail storesand restaurants; labor organizations representing security officers; law enforcement; the Commission on Peace Officer Standards and Training; and other subject matter experts. They are:
- James Farmer (Training Integration Manager) - Disneyland
- Susan Glowacki (Guest Service Manager, Security Operations) - Disneyland
- Sergeant Howard LaBore - San Diego Police Department
- Lieutenant Wayne Kintade - Sacramento Police Department
- William Wipprecht (Chief Security Officer) - Wells Fargo & Company
- Faith Culbreath (President, Security Officers United) - SEIU
- Captain Stephen Leibrock - Sacramento Sheriff's Department
- Barry Stanford (Director of Facility Security) - AEG/Staples Center
- Stephen Zolezzi (Executive Vice President, CEO) - Food & Beverage Association San Diego
- Robert Smith (President, CEO) - Nightclub Security Consultants
- Michael Keenan (Director of Loss Prevention) - Mervyns
- Janice Bullard (Sr. Law Enforcement Consultant) - Commission on Peace Officers Standards & Training (POST)
- James Kelly (Regional Director of Loss Prevention) - Marriot International
- Mark Robinson (Group Assets Protection Team Leader) - Target
- Dennis Hemphill (System Vice President of Safety & Security) - Catholic Healthcare West
The committee, created under SB 666, will be responsible for developing the skills training that proprietary security guards will be required to take beginning July 1, 2009. The bill was sponsored by Senator Abel Maldonado and signed into law on October 14, 2007, by Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger.
Among the issues the committee will address are the number of training hours needed by proprietary officers and what skills and courses best suit their needs.