Frequently Asked Questions - Repossession Agency Qualified Manager (RAQ)
- What are the requirements for a Repossession Agency Qualified Manager's
The general requirements for Repossession Agency Qualified Manager are:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Have the required experience in the work for which the license is sought.
- Undergo a criminal history review.
- Must have at least two years of paid experience totaling not less than 4,000 hours as an employee of a licensed California repossession agency or experience legally acquired in recovering personal property sold under a security agreement while working with a financial institute or vehicle dealer.
- What forms must be included in the application packet?
- Application for License (Form 31A-4)
- Personal Identification (Form 31A-9)
- Application for Qualification Certificate (31A-26)
- Certificate in Support of Experience
- The second copy of the Live Scan Form (BCII 8016) signed by the Live Scan operator
- Two recent passport quality photographs
- Request for Authorization of Business Name [Form 31A-12, if applicable]
- Corporate applicants only: endorsed Articles of Incorporation or the Statement by a Foreign Corporations (if filed with the Secretary of State)
- My Repossession Agency Qualified Manager certificate (RAQ) will expire at the end
of the month. I have not received a renewal notice because my address changed. May I
send in renewal fees with my address change even though I did not receive my renewal
Yes. However, you may be assessed a fine if you did not notify the Bureau within 30 days of the change of residence or business address.
- If my Repossession Agency Qualified Manager Certificate (RAQ) expired last year
must I reapply for a new one?
No. A certificate may be renewed up to three years after the expiration date. However, you must pay a delinquency fee along with the renewal fee. If the expiration date is more than three years you must apply for a new certificate.
- What is the length of term for a Repossession Agency Qualified Manager
A repossession agency qualified manager license is valid for two years.