California Private Patrol Operator Qualified Managers Wanted!
Become a Subject Matter Expert (SME) to assist in the Bureau’s Licensing Examination Development Workshops
Experts have the opportunity to contribute to their profession and meet and work with other licensed Private Patrol Operator Qualified Managers from around the state on the development, review, and grading of the California Private Patrol Operator Qualified Manager Licensing Examination. Many SMEs find the experience very rewarding and choose to return year after year.
These workshops are necessary to develop licensing examinations that are fair, job-related, and legally defensible. As an SME, your primary function at these workshops is to establish examination questions that reflect current entry-level practice so that new licensees have sufficient knowledge and experience to ensure public health and safety.
Workshops take place at the Office of Professional Examination Services, 2420 Del Paso Road, Ste. 265, in Sacramento and are typically two-day workshops conducted from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The Bureau will assist with travel arrangements for those who live 50 miles or more from the workshop site. Airfare is prepaid by the Bureau. Hotel costs and other travel expenses (meals, mileage, and incidentals) will be reimbursed at California government rates. Participants will be paid an honorarium of $100.00 per day.
To qualify to serve as a subject matter expert you must:
- Currently be a Private Patrol Operator Qualified Manager of a company that is not under suspension or probation;
- Possess up-to-date skills;
- Agree not to participate at any time in any licensing examination coaching or preparation courses;
- Not be affiliated as a teacher with a private patrol operator program. The Office of Professional Examination Services enforces a stringent security policy, and workshop participants will be required to sign confidentiality forms; and
- Enter into a contract with the state in order to participate, and receive your reimbursement and per diem (Government Code Section 19130 and Business and Professions Code Section 40).
If you meet the qualifications and are interested in serving as an SME in any of the workshops below, please complete and submit a Subject Matter Expert Registration Form and your resume, and fax both documents to (916) 575-7287, Attention: Andrea Leiva
For additional information please contact Andrea Leiva at 916-575-7022 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Licensing Examination Development Workshop Dates
- February 19-20, 2014 (Wednesday & Thursday) – Reclassification Full
Participants use the new exam plan created from the most recent occupational analysis to reclassify existing test questions (item bank) for the next exam cycle.
- March 3-4, 2014 – Item Writing (Monday & Tuesday) Full
Participants receive training from a testing specialist and write new exam questions.
- March 25-26, 2014 – Item Review (Tuesday & Wednesday) Full
Participants review and revise new and existing exam questions for clarity, relevance and technical accuracy.
- April 15-16, 2014 – Exam Construction (Tuesday & Wednesday) Full
Participants evaluate and select questions for a new exam version that best represent the knowledge required for entry into the profession.
- April 30 – May 1, 2014 – Passing Score (Wednesday & Thursday) Full
Participants apply minimum competence standards to establish a criterion-referenced passing score for the exam created in the exam construction workshop. The participants will be asked to take the exam, rate the difficulty of the items, and participate in workshop discussion.