Alarm Company Operator LLC Insurance Policy Requirements
An Alarm Company Operator LLC must maintain a policy or policies of insurance against liability claims for acts, errors, or omissions arising out of the alarm company services it provides. For an LLC with five or fewer managing members, the aggregate liability limit shall not be less than one million dollars ($1,000,000). For an LLC with more than five managing members, an additional one hundred thousand dollars ($100,000) of insurance must be obtained for each person named as a managing member not to exceed five million dollars ($5,000,000) in any one designated period.
An Alarm Company Operator LLC license applicant and licensee must provide proof of the required insurance by submitting a Certificate of Liability Insurance, signed by an authorized agent or employee of the insurer, to the Bureau. The Alarm Company Operator licensee will be responsible for ensuring the Bureau has current insurance information on file, which means the licensee will need to submit a new Certificate of Liability Insurance when a current policy expires. Failure to maintain the required insurance subjects the Alarm Company Operator LLC license to suspension.
The Certificate of Liability Insurance must include:
- The Alarm Company Operator LLC’s company name,
- The Alarm Company Operator’s license number,
- The insurance policy number,
- Dates that coverage is scheduled to commence and lapse, and
- The date and amount of any claims paid pursuant to the policy, and cancellation date if applicable.
Reassignment of License
Current Alarm Company Operator licensees seeking licensure as a LLC must apply to the Bureau Chief for approval to have their license reassigned. Only reassignments involving no change in direct or indirect owners of the assignor to the assignee are eligible for reassignment. To apply for reassignment, submit
- Alarm Company Operator Application for License (31D-4)
- Personal Identification Form (31D-9)
- Alarm Company Operator Request for Authorization of Business Name (31D-12)